Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year from the 71st Highland Light Infantry

Sorry, it's been a long time - have been very busy with new home etc. Lots of painting done but unfortunately all with a roller and very little with a brush. But Christmas has been a nice break from all the D.I.Y and I'm currently working on a couple of companies of the 71st Foot. Plenty to still be done on these guys, but I'm happy with the progress.





With some old leftover bits of chipboard I built myself a new painting station. This has gone down well with Lady Hill who previously could get quite riled about losing all of the kitchen table to my "painting stuff". This box can be quickly cleared away when necessary (which, to be honest, is hardly ever). Perhaps more useful is that it keeps me on task - I used to get easily sidetracked and start painting any other units lying sprawled around, but now I have to focus just on the few figs I can fit onto the painting station.


Anyway, I'm still here, still alive, still working on the project, and will try and post some pics soon - hopefully of these 71st chaps finished and based. Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to you!

4 comments:

  1. Good results. Good luck in the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're still alive and looking forward to seeing more of your splendid troops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 71st are looking wonderful My Lord. Please keep up the good work. For long service to Waterloo modelling you deserve an invitation to participate in our West Country Quatre Bras in April. If you'd like to have the details please email me chrisgregg173@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back. I began to wonder if you had given up.
    Excellent stuff as usual.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete